EGGS EN COCOTTE
- large eggs
- Cream (optional)
- Optional extras: Diced tomatoes, grated cheese, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, crumbled bacon, etc.
Prep 30 | Cook15 | Serves: 4
- 1) Pre-heat Napoli oven on Low for 30 minutes with door on.
- 2) Rub the inside of each ramekin with butter and add any extra ingredients you might be using like cheese, tomatoes, etc.
- 3) Crack one egg into each ramekin, or two if using larger ramekins. Sprinkle each egg with a salt and pepper to taste and a tablespoon of cream to each ramekin.
- 4) Arrange all the ramekins in a baking dish and pour enough hot water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- 5) Bake until the whites are set, around 10-12 minutes or longer if you like your yolks a bit more firm. Carefully remove the ramekins and serve immediately.