Fried Rice (Yangzhou Fan)
by Andrés Dangond
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons, half set aside for frying rice sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions (scallions)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 5 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 5 oz pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, cooked
Prep 30 | Cook15 | Serves: 6
- 1) Preheat Asado Grill on high for 30 minutes
- 2) In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Reserve until needed.
- 3) Pour vegetable oil on Asado and spread evenly over the cooking surface. Pour eggs and sprinkle scallions on eggs as they cook.
- 4) When the eggs are set and cooked, remove and reserve for later.
- 5) Quickly sauté garlic and ginger on Asado with a little bit of oil until slightly browned. Reserve until needed.
- 6) In batches, sauté shrimp, pork, and chicken until brown. Reserve until needed.
- 7) Pour extra sesame oil on Asado surface and spread cooked rice. Mix and cook until rice is crispy, about 5 minutes.
- 8) Add eggs with scallions and sauteed pork, chicken and shrimp to rice, mix all together breaking up the eggs as you cook.
- 9) Pour the soy sauce mixture over and continue cooking, mixing occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, about 2 minutes.
- 10) Serve while warm and garnish with a few thinly sliced scallions. Serve with a little soy sauce on the side for additional seasoning if desired.